SECURITY NOTICE FOR INTERNET CASH MANAGEMENT
Security is an important issue for us.
We have implemented standard security policies and procedures in order to provide protection for information travelling over the Internet. For example, we provide the following security measures to protect the information being provided/received by us over the Internet in respect of your access to and use of Internet Cash Management:
- We use 128 bit Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") encryption. This is banking industry's current encryption standard. In order to access Internet Cash Management, your Internet browser must support at least 128 bit SSL encryption.
- We use industry standard firewall protection to help prevent unauthorized Internet access to our systems.
- We automatically log you out of an Internet Cash Management session after a set period of inactivity (currently 20 minutes).
However, no security or encryption we provide can protect against every circumstance. Therefore, it is important that you take additional steps to further protect yourself when using Internet Cash Management. You have a responsibility to protect your own security.
The following rules must be followed by you respecting your use of Internet Cash Management:
- your Password shall:
- be at least 6 characters long;
- contain a combination of both numbers and letters;
- be different from any other personal identification number or other secret code used by the User for banking services or otherwise;
- not contain the User's name, birth date (or other special day), telephone number, address or User ID;
- be changed by each User regularly and, in any event, at least every 6 months;
- not be changed to any Password previously used by the User; and
- be committed to memory by the User and shall not be written down or otherwise recorded anywhere.
By accessing Internet Cash Management, you are agreeing that you will comply with these Security Obligations.
Security Suggestions:In addition to the Security Obligations, we suggest you take additional measures to protection your security. These might include:
- Ensure you are using the most secure web browser currently available.
- Familiarize yourself with your web browser's various functions and enable/disable such functions as needed in order to maximize security.
- Web browsers often use a "cache" to temporarily save web pages in your computer's memory. Although the cache is designed to improve performance, subsequent users of your computer may be able view web pages previously visited by you by accessing the information in the cache. You should always completely close your web browser after each Internet Cash Management session. You should also frequently clear your cache.
- Ensure you have up-to-date virus protection software on all systems and that you run virus scans regularly.
Last Revised 21/03/01
If you experience any problems, please contact us at 1-888-273-3488.